Jaguar E-Type LHD racing specification
This LHD E-type is not a coupe conversion but was also born as a roadster. It has been fastidiously race prepared by the current owner who has enjoyed it for many years on the classic racing scene. This is a 100% correct E-type which is fully FIA legal and a competitive and reliable entry in 60’s Endurance, GTSCC and/or Gentlemen drivers race series.
The detailed spec of this red & Silver E-type can be found below. The car recently participated in the 60’s endurance race at Imola and needs a normal, after-race overhaul/check-over. Obviously, FIA HTP is available and 4 spare wheels come with the car.
This is an ideal and correctly priced race-spec E-type which can be enjoyed immediately !
- Full race 3800cc wet sump engine with many Dennis Welch parts and rebuild by Officina Rubini with 5 hours, circa 330BHP.
- forged pistons (new 2010)
- Steel crankshaft & rods with DWR vibration damper
- Fully gas flowed straight port cylinder head with new DWR valves
- Triple Weber 48 carburettors with performance air filter
- Fully baffled wet sump
- Single point distributor, ultra-light steel flywheel with race spec clutch
- Large core aluminium radiator
- Lightweight race specification alternator 48
- Race spec diff with clutch type 30/60 ramp LSD
- Aluminium differential rear cover with differential cooler and ‘top’ quality metal circulation pump
- Large Dunlop front brake callipers (as per FIA regulations)
- Magnesium peg drive wheels 7” front, 8” rear
- DWR straight cut 4 syncro gearbox
- Aluminium bonnet, door and trunk
- Weight of just 1030/1040 kg