Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
- One of only 33 ultimate GTE (GT2) class Porsche 997 RSR built in 2008
- Very low mileage only having done the 2008 Spa 24 hours (9th in class)
- Original as-new condition and full matching numbers
- Completely overhauled and fresh with extensive spares
- Eligible for Masters Endurance Legends, Peter Auto's Global Endurance Legends, Daytona 24hr Classic etc.
We have the pleasure to offer this beautiful, as-new condition 2008 Porsche 997 GT3 RSR for sale.
Somewhat confusing, the full model name contains "GT3" whereas these cars were built to compete in the GTE (GT2) class of the World Endurance Championship (WEC). Designed strictly for competition on the world's most important racing circuits, the Porsche 997 GT3 RSR was introduced by Porsche Motorsport as its top customer racing model in 2007 following in the footsteps of its predecessor, the very successful 996 RSR. At the end of 2007, to keep up with the more successful Ferrari F430 GT, Porsche updated their RSR for the 2008 sports car season. This model includes a redesigned transaxle which is lighter, has less internal friction and allows for a wider radius of suspension adjustments. Minor aerodynamic upgrades include small front flicks on the front valance and a small Gurney Flap on the engine cover.
With only 33 cars built in 2008 and a total of 98 cars built in the 6 years from 2007 up to 2012, the 997 RSR is a very rare and sought-after ultimate specification Porsche GT racer.
Our car has following key identification numbers (per the accompanying Porsche Motorsport Data Sheet):
VIN #: WP0ZZZ99Z8S799924
Production #: 0080061
Roll-cage #: IVM, 10413 FIA
Engine Nr: 61822519
Gearbox #: 280520
• CAR TYPE
• ROAD REG.
• COMP. READY
• FIA HTP
• INTERIOR COLOR
• EXTERIOR COLOR